Re: question

Peter Smagorinsky (psmagorinsky who-is-at ou.edu)
Fri, 6 Sep 96 07:05:49 -0500

Jay, thanks for the tip. I remember your recommendation from last year. At
the time I got the idea that it was more of a data *analysis* tool (like
Nu-dist) than a data *collection* tool. If it's for collection, is it
compatible with Nu-dist when you move to data analysis?

Thanks, Peter

At 11:08 PM 9/5/96 EDT, you wrote:
>Peter and others interested:
>
>As I think I've recommended here before, not so well known, but
>really quite useful, on PCs, is AskSam text-oriented database.
>You can enter either free-form text data, or field-delimited data,
>and search very flexibly (what phrase is within the same paragraph
>or page of notes as what other phrase, say). Limited statistical
>capabilities (very limited), but great for textual data. Has a
>hypertext extension in the new version, and can even output HTML
>files. Allows color differentiation of text strings, too.
>
>Seaside Software, 1-800-800-1997.
>
>JAY.
>

>JAY LEMKE.
>City University of New York.
>BITNET: JLLBC who-is-at CUNYVM
>INTERNET: JLLBC who-is-at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU

NOTE MY NEW EMAIL ADDRESS!!!
Peter Smagorinsky
University of Oklahoma
College of Education
Department of Instructional Leadership and Academic Curriculum
820 Van Vleet Oval
Norman, OK 73019-0260
office phone: (405)325-3533
fax: (405)325-4061