Re: The Hamburg Connection

Peter Smagorinsky (psmagorinsky who-is-at uoknor.edu)
Sat, 18 May 96 15:48:14 -0500

At 06:13 PM 5/18/96 +0200, you wrote:

>And, as I see this in your trailer:
>
>>Department of Instructional Leadership and Academic Curriculum
>
>Together with the eclipse of religion, there is also the non-theme
>of "educational leadership" -- in the practical sense, the people
>that do not directly teach but try to run schools or educational
>bureaucracies -- here on xmca.

Arne, my department has an inflated name--I'd prefer the more customary
Curriculum and Instruction. But we also have an Educational Leadership
department that, I think, would fulfill your expectations. As for xmca's
role in this situation....whew, you do ask some tough questions. But I'm
glad you do--thanks for keeping us on our toes.

Peter

Peter Smagorinsky
University of Oklahoma
College of Education
Department of Instructional Leadership and Academic Curriculum
820 Van Vleet Oval
Norman, OK 73019-0260
(405)325-3533
fax: (405)325-4061
smagor who-is-at aardvark.ucs.uoknor.edu
psmagorinsky who-is-at uoknor.edu