Re: Scribner reference

Judy Diamondstone (diamonju who-is-at rci.rutgers.edu)
Tue, 23 Apr 1996 19:53:03 -0400

The reference was probably to _On the job training_ co-authored
by Sylvia S. & Patricia Sachs, Technical Paper # 13 published
out of the Laboratory for Cognitive Studies of Work, CUNY, 1990.
It's dizzyingly good methodologically, every analysis, every
angle on the data, seems essential, telling a necessary piece of
the whole - no turning over rocks here!

- Judy

At 06:49 PM 4/23/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Tim,
>
>I had referred to a 1985 chapter by Sylvia titled "Vygotsky's uses of
>history" that appeared in a volume edited by Wertsch titled *Culture,
>Communication, & Cognition: Vygotskian perspectives*, NY Cambridge, pp.
>119-145. It is not a methodological piece, though the levels of history
>certainly has methodological implications. Joe Glick also made made
>several reference to Sylvia's work as well at the session, but I am not
>aware of a 1990 methodological piece. Joe???
>
>--King

Judy Diamondstone
Graduate School of Education
10 Seminary Place