Re: English translations on the internet

Amy Ohta (aohta who-is-at u.washington.edu)
Thu, 18 Apr 1996 10:37:46 -0700 (PDT)

Jay,

Yes, you're sure right about our Anglocentric computing environment--even
at many large universities getting computing capacity (especially email
capacity) in languages which do not use alphabetic scripts (Japanese is a
good example) is impossible--our pleas seem to fall on deaf ears, even
though such capacity would give language students and researchers access
to a wonderful diversity of academic communities worldwide.

Amy

Amy Snyder Ohta (aohta who-is-at u.washington.edu), University of Washington
Asian Languages & Literature, Box 353521, Seattle, WA 98195
(206) 543-6931 Message: (206) 543-4996 Fax: (206) 685-4268