Re: griffiri who-is-at HUGSE1.HARVARD.EDU

smagor who-is-at aardvark.ucs.uoknor.edu
Thu, 11 Apr 96 06:45:17 -0500

grifferi (sorry, I didn't see a real name on your message): What do you mean
by a "usable semiotic theory"? I think that Wertsch, Valsiner, Lemke, and
others have provided us with semiotic theories that have helped me think
about meaning-making, communication, and development.

Peter

At 09:00 AM 4/9/96 -0500, you wrote:
>I am a graduate student at Harvard University studying cognitive
>development and music composition. Special domains of interest are:
>consciousness (phylogenetic and ontogenetic origins); creativity; and the
>ontology of signs and symbols -- how do they really function? Can we
>know? If so, how can semiotics better describe the world as we make it?
>I'm looking for a usable semiotic theory -- haven't found one yet.

Peter Smagorinsky
University of Oklahoma
College of Education
Department of Instructional Leadership and Academic Curriculum
820 Van Vleet Oval
Norman, OK 73019-0260
(405)325-3533
fax: (405)325-4061
smagor who-is-at aardvark.ucs.uoknor.edu
psmagorinsky who-is-at uoknor.edu