Re: Freire and monologism

=?iso-8859-1?Q?JO=C3O?= BATISTA MARTINS (jbmartin who-is-at sercomtel.com.br)
Sat, 6 Apr 1996 13:03:08 -0300

At 22:57 05/04/1996 Robin wrote:

> I understand that Vygotsky believes that mind is socially
>embedded. At the same time, he has a great deal to say about
>how children learn. Now, it's all getting muddled in my head
>in the following manner: Children learn in socially mediated
>or joint activity; but any activity (including solitary activity)
>is in reality socially mediated; there is therefore no inherent
>superiority in one form of learning as opposed to another.
>Lectures, discussions, seminars, "hands-on" experience--they
>are all equally examples of socially mediated or joint activity
>in which students have opportunities to learn. (I may be
>completely off the mark here; this is simply what I've construed
>at this point.)

The egocentric speeck is the example of the solo activity. I
consider it as the way which the children learn and though were activity
solo is one activity socially mediaded because the children are to exercise
signs and symbols created socially.

Joao Martins
jbmartin who-is-at sercomtel.com.br