Re: :-)); the e-mail format c.f. the conference format

Judy Diamondstone (diamonju who-is-at rci.rutgers.edu)
Sun, 31 Mar 1996 12:20:16 -0500

Hi, Angel. Nice to hear more from you.

You wrote:
>If formality serves as a barrier to human connectedness and free
>discussions; if "expertise" becomes a hurdle to more open participation
>from more participants from every corner of the world, whatever social
>positions they are in, I will certainly vote for violating the formality
>constraints... though i would also agree that in some situations,
>formality constraints cannot be violated without some expensive
>consequences! (e.g., in a job interview)

Would you allow that formality (the authoritative word) also
serves as a "push" to the "ideological becoming" you invoke
when you refer to our capacity for transformation.

(".... to treat ourselves and others as humans who are
always capable of "becoming", of
transformation... ")

- Judy
Judy Diamondstone