reviews

Mike Cole (mcole who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu)
Tue, 27 Feb 1996 12:48:12 -0800 (PST)

Anyone want to suggest reviewers for any of these?
mike
>From pbengel who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu Tue Feb 27 11:50:11 1996
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 1996 11:50:10 -0800 (PST)
>From: Peggy Bengel <pbengel who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu>
To: mcole who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu
Subject: Re: book reviews

I'll let you decide on the reviews for April then.

The new books are:
Michael Devitt, "Coming to our Senses: A naturalistic program
for semantic localism." CUP Book takes up foundational issues
in semantics...anti-Cartesian approach...substantial contribution
to the literature on meaning an dintentionality...will be of
interest to philosophers of language and mind...appeal to linguists,
cognitive scientists.

Michael Geis, "Speech acts and conversational interactionism: Toward
a theory of conversational competence." CUP Unites speech act
theory and conversational analysis to advance a theory of conversational
competence....

Katherine Nelson, "Language in Cognitive Development: Emergence of
the mediated mind." About the role that language plays in early
human development. I suspect you're aware of the book. This is
the advance, uncorrecorrect proof copy. Book is due out in April.

See you tomorrow.
Peggy