Re: Membership Drive

psmagorinsky who-is-at uoknor.edu
Wed, 31 Jan 96 09:43:58 -0600

Eugene, sorry about the confusion. I'm referring to the meeting in Chicago,
which is sponsored by the Assembly for Research, which is what we're
offering our discount on. I hope that makes sense!

As of now I don't plan to go to NY. The Vygotsky conference, in addition to
taking up all of my energy, is also taking up the part of my travel budget
that I'd ordinarily use to go to AERA. In addition, right after Chicago I'm
going to Panama for a week to teach a course at a military base there.
That's enough travel for me. So unless I get some special reason to go to
AERA (I was nominated for an award, but it's competitive and so I doubt if
I'll win), I'll probably stay here and take it easy. I'm not a great fan of
NY City, anyhow.

Have fun on your travels, and best of luck with the job hunt. Are you an
American citizen? Does it make any difference if you aren't? What sort of
job are you looking for? I know we're searching for one in our educational
psychology department.

Peter