cross-postings

Mark.Gover (21602MRG who-is-at MSU.EDU)
Fri, 26 Jan 1996 09:21:55 -0800 (PST)

I agree with the forwarded post. I'm on both lists and its really
inconvenient to be getting the redundant postings. Lets stop the process and
just provide info for anyone wishing to subscribe to the Vygotsky list.
----------( Forwarded letter 1 follows )----------------------------------------
From: "Russ Hunt" <HUNT who-is-at academic.stu.StThomasU.ca>
To: xmca who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 10:19:23 AST
Subject: cross-postings

I'd been thinking about suggesting this, and Peter's ps prompted it:

> I'm going to cross-post this to the Vygotsky list, which means
> it'll get posted back to xmca--please excuse the redundancy.

I think this is going to be a problem, and I don't know why we can't
just leave it up to people on both lists to forward stuff from the
conference list to XMCA when appropriate (my experience with pre-
conference lists elsewhere suggests that quite a lot of the traffic
will turn out to be conference-specific, and not of much interest to
XMCA). Is the conference list archived somewhere so that if
something got missed we could go back for it?

-- Russ
__|~_
Russell A. Hunt __|~_)_ __)_|~_ HOMEPAGE: www.StThomasU
Department of English )_ __)_|_)__ __) .ca/Faculty/hunt.htm
St. Thomas University | )____) | EMAIL: hunt who-is-at StThomasU.ca
Fredericton, New Brunswick___|____|____|____/ FAX: (506) 450-9615
E3B 5G3 CANADA \ / PHONE: (506) 363-3891