Re: ref for Harvey Sacks (fwd)

Rosa Graciela Montes (rmontes who-is-at cca.pue.udlap.mx)
Tue, 16 Jan 1996 17:42:11 -0600 (CST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 1996 15:04:56 -0600 (CST)
From: Rosa Graciela Montes <rmontes who-is-at cca.pue.udlap.mx>
To: Jacque Ensign <ensign who-is-at pilot.msu.edu>
Cc: xmca who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu
Subject: Re: ref for Harvey Sacks

On Tue, 16 Jan 1996, Jacque Ensign wrote:

> Can someone give me some references to Harvey Sacks work on stories?

There's an article by Sacks called "On the analyzability of stories by
children" published in the Gumperz and Hymes anthology on the Ethnography
of Communication, 1972.

Gumperz, John & Dell Hymes (eds.). 1972. Directions in Sociolinguistics:
The Ethnography of Communication. New York: Holt, Rinehart and Winston.
ISBN: 0-03-077745-3

There may also be material on stories in the collected Sacks lectures,
but I don't know offhand. Rosa Graciela Montes

Rosa Graciela Montes
ICSYH-UAP
Puebla, MEXICO