Re: Saddleback Pubs

Angel M.Y. Lin (mylin who-is-at oise.on.ca)
Wed, 29 Nov 1995 15:48:20 -0500 (EST)

Thanks very much Genevieve! And I hope you'll be able to dig out the
catalogue! :-) I find many working class children in Hong Kong fascinated by
mystery, scary ghost stories (especially boys, but girls, too!). They
are willing to use their lunch money to buy those expensive comic strips
or magazines featuring these stories with what appear to me grotesque
pictures and illustrations (well, I admit there's a generation gap-- a
huge one-- between myself and them... but luckily I look young, and they
thought I was like a big sister ...not too removed from them and were
willing to accept me...) ... well, I've been thinking a connection point
may be to introduce myths (Western ones, e.g., Greek, Gothic) to them in
comic strips... a project which I hope I shall be able to obtain
some research funds to do when I'm back in Hong Kong... but certainly
would like to look at what's available now in N. America and other countries!
Thanks!
Angel

P.S. Thanks very much Judy for your helpful suggestions, too! I'll
write to you more in the private channel :-) Angel