for the record

Mike Cole (mcole who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu)
Thu, 9 Nov 1995 10:44:21 -0800 (PST)

How do we respond to this?
mike

>From duran who-is-at edstar.gse.ucsb.EDU Thu Nov 9 08:58:42 1995
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 95 08:58:17 PST
>From: duran who-is-at edstar.gse.ucsb.EDU (Richard Duran)
To: mcole who-is-at weber.ucsd.edu
Subject: Atkinson's support
Cc: betsy who-is-at edstar.gse.ucsb.EDU, idadkdg@mvs.oac.ucla.edu, mayer@psych.ucsb.edu,
ovasquez who-is-at ucsd.edu, woody@edstar.gse.ucsb.EDU

Mike, glad to hear about your updating Atkinson on the UC Links plan and on
your schedule to speak with him next week. In setting up our upcoming meeting
we will be sure to stress UC Links as a major new President's Office
initiative and the expectation that campuses will come on board in a major
visible way. The fiscal climate at UCSB and other campuses calls for
each campus to make some non-trivial budget cuts in the next two years--so
we are making requests in a climate tied to shifting priorities and less
funds. Given this reality we should characterize UC Links as helping campuses
be more effective in their use of human and discretionary resources while at
the same time meeting UC's commitment to increase access to the University.

Now if there were a way to state this in $$ saved or increased input of
undergrads into the teacher profession or graduate study?

Richard

--KAA17708.815942295/weber.ucsd.edu--