Buddhist thinking and human activity (virtanen)

Tane Akamatsu (takamatsu who-is-at oise.on.ca)
Tue, 26 Sep 1995 22:46:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 25 Sep 1995, virtanen wrote:

> i'm sometimes teaching philosophy at the university of jyvaskyla. The
> course which i'm teaching at present is about buddhist thought and
> especially buddhist thinking about human activity.

I wonder if you could comment further on this? As a practicing Buddhist,
but also as "culturally" buddhist, I never really put the two ideas
together. For me, Buddhism is a way of life as much as a religion, and
what I do at work (the theorizing part) is entirely a separate "thing."

Tane Akamatsu
Toronto Board of Education
takamatsu who-is-at oise.on.ca