[Xmca-l] An Invitation to the University of Students Educational Clubs

Ana Marjanovic-Shane anamshane@gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 09:39:40 PST 2021

Dear XMCA-ers and potential or current members of the University of Students, UniS,—
We are happy to announce five educational clubs that either already exist or are ready to launch – please see below. Feel free to join the edu-clubs by clicking on the corresponding links. When you join an edu-club, you will enroll in the UniS automatically.
Please pass this information on to people who may be interested.
To enroll in the University of Students without joining a club, please fill out the following Google Form: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://forms.gle/ufpnrkiYtQ73fwDq6__;!!Mih3wA!SKnYZpIDwu16NwS_bpu7nDQKXEMGoheY4NF7rITGFWf58Ton2XwjM0ARlyBTcR_gSkrK-w$ .
Follow us on the UniS FaceBook group: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.facebook.com/groups/theuniversityofstudents__;!!Mih3wA!SKnYZpIDwu16NwS_bpu7nDQKXEMGoheY4NF7rITGFWf58Ton2XwjM0ARlyBTcR94DHs1FA$
UniS Org Committee (org@universityofstudents.org<mailto:org@universityofstudents.org>)
--------------UniS Edu-Clubs------------
Philosophy club: "Philosophy As Method Of Thinking"
The idea of the club is to look at the various levels of people's interactions (psychology, physiology, social level, level of ideas), methods of thinking, ways we make decisions, and find out that those are all schemes that we might choose, change and therefore meet completely different perception of life/situation.
It has not started yet.
Language: Russian + English
Join: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://forms.gle/AiJgijiv1Q5uQxpWA__;!!Mih3wA!SKnYZpIDwu16NwS_bpu7nDQKXEMGoheY4NF7rITGFWf58Ton2XwjM0ARlyBTcR-nAH_5CQ$  , it will start soon
Education Book Club
We discuss books and articles on innovative and new approaches in education.
We meet once a month, Tuesday at 5pm EST, via Zoom
Our next book we chose to discuss is: Morris, S. M., & Stommel, J. (2018). An urgency of teachers: The work of critical digital pedagogy. United States: Hybrid Pedagogy. Creative Commons/Open Access (Sponsored by Shelley)
Our next meeting is Tuesday, March 2nd, 2021, at 5pm EST
Language: English
Join: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://forms.gle/4PegNMeUxN9RyCLY8__;!!Mih3wA!SKnYZpIDwu16NwS_bpu7nDQKXEMGoheY4NF7rITGFWf58Ton2XwjM0ARlyBTcR_ulHehAw$

Cinema-club: "Schooling around the World and Time"
We are watching and discussing movies – documentaries and fictional of different countries and times -- about education.
We meet weekly, Friday at 10am EST, via Zoom
Our next movie we chose to watch and discuss: “Detachment” (1h38m, urban dysfunctional high school, substitution, USA, 2011), drama-tragedy"
Our next meeting is Friday, March 5th, 2021, at 10am EST
Language: English
Join: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://forms.gle/BHj2bdQ7uG7821fk8__;!!Mih3wA!SKnYZpIDwu16NwS_bpu7nDQKXEMGoheY4NF7rITGFWf58Ton2XwjM0ARlyBTcR9fcMatiw$

Educationalist Club
We, researchers and practitioners of education, discuss problems, excitements, puzzlements, and findings of our educational research and teaching at any stage of the progress.
We meet almost every Tuesday (except one) at 5pm EST. Our next meeting will be on Tuesday, March 9th, at 5pm EST, we are going to watch and discuss the teacher-student mentorship podcast “Between Teacher and Student: The Obligations of Mentorship”
Language: English
Join: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://forms.gle/1h87RFwZoLtxdg4dA__;!!Mih3wA!SKnYZpIDwu16NwS_bpu7nDQKXEMGoheY4NF7rITGFWf58Ton2XwjM0ARlyBTcR_LaLQnQg$

Interview Club
Our goal is to study how to design and conduct an interview and analyze the interview data.
It has not started yet.
Language: Russian
Join: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://forms.gle/sX9p1td82Pxa1RcN7__;!!Mih3wA!SKnYZpIDwu16NwS_bpu7nDQKXEMGoheY4NF7rITGFWf58Ton2XwjM0ARlyBTcR9Yd92-MQ$  , it will start soon
For more information about the University of Students, visit our UniS website: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://universityofstudents.org__;!!Mih3wA!SKnYZpIDwu16NwS_bpu7nDQKXEMGoheY4NF7rITGFWf58Ton2XwjM0ARlyBTcR-xG4BUsA$

Ana Marjanovic-Shane
Dialogic Pedagogy Journal (https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://dpj.pitt.edu__;!!Mih3wA!SKnYZpIDwu16NwS_bpu7nDQKXEMGoheY4NF7rITGFWf58Ton2XwjM0ARlyBTcR_jx9YMzg$ )
Deputy Editor-in-Chief
University of Students (https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://universityofstudents.org__;!!Mih3wA!SKnYZpIDwu16NwS_bpu7nDQKXEMGoheY4NF7rITGFWf58Ton2XwjM0ARlyBTcR-xG4BUsA$ )