[Xmca-l] Re: Andy Blunden on unit of analysis and Huw on cognition

HENRY SHONERD hshonerd@gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 17:04:49 PDT 2020

Great! Thanks, Martin.
That leaves mediated activity, where the mediation is digital. Is there a “feel” to digital cognition? Cyborgs and synths suggest some kind of individual consciousness. Do synths and cyborgs have electric dreams? Maybe the “hard problem” of consciousness is solved through technology. But it’s collective. And it spells the next stage of the human experiment. Who out there has read Arthur Clark’s Childhood’s End? I am Buridan’s Ass looking at your sign.
Henry

> On Sep 9, 2020, at 5:24 PM, Martin Packer <mpacker@cantab.net> wrote:
>
> Hi Henry,
>
> Yes, phenomenology has connections with 4E cognition. Often Merleau-Ponty is the phenomenologist who is cited, but also Heidegger. One of the contemporary philosophers involved in 4E is Shaun Gallagher, and his training is in phenomenology.
>
> Martin

Ha,ha!