[Xmca-l] Re: Andy Blunden on unit of analysis and Huw on cognition

Andy Blunden andyb@marxists.org
Mon Sep 7 19:53:40 PDT 2020

I don't know Husserl very well, Henry, but from what I have
read he is a Phenomenologist, that, is he aims to make a
science of the study of pure, subjective thought forms. As
such he is completely at odds with Dewey who explained the
“double-barrelled” nature of the concept of ‘an experience’
in that “it includes/what/ men do and suffer, /what/ they
strive for, love, believe and endure, and /how/ men act and
are acted upon, the ways in which they do and suffer, desire
and enjoy, see, believe, imagine.” That is, in the
well-known and invariably misunderstood maxim of CHAT, an
experience is a unity of the person and the environment.

Andy

*Andy Blunden*
Hegel for Social Movements <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://brill.com/view/title/54574__;!!Mih3wA!T2IDTz6It4OIif-spsQdY7_CzubvEkE88dGcEmSRsPhg_U3cUrRLFakl8SrSgM_CnDYs0g$ >
Home Page <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.ethicalpolitics.org/ablunden/index.htm__;!!Mih3wA!T2IDTz6It4OIif-spsQdY7_CzubvEkE88dGcEmSRsPhg_U3cUrRLFakl8SrSgM9_bvDb0w$ >