[Xmca-l] MCA news and call

Alfredo Jornet Gil a.j.gil@ils.uio.no
Fri May 29 09:04:26 PDT 2020

Dear Colleagues,

First and foremost, we hope this note finds you safe and well. It’s been a stressful time for all.

We are writing to share some news from Mind, Culture and Activity.

The first is that we have recently relaunched an online platform, Cultural Praxis<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/culturalpraxis.net/__;!!Mih3wA!Sz3iEi8uWZzb2aFUjlmwVyYq3aJeexs3G58vJa_1DHUWLPy_HHrW44UiSe20Tw$>, which we hope will provide extended opportunities for scholars and practitioners to share and develop ideas in formats other than peer-review articles. We believe such alternative and varied forms of scholarly engagement are particularly relevant in these new times, where innovative and urgent actions are needed. We hope that you and your networks will find this site relevant and, hopefully, will consider submitting your own work, news, or events to be published on it. We are particularly anxious to provide a voice for the younger scholars just coming into the field.

Secondly, we have just published a special editorial, where we make an urgent call to scholars and practitioners invested in issues of human learning and development to address the pressing global issues of sustainability, authoritarianism and social injustice that developments such as climate change and the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic are making so painfully visible/palpable. You can read our call here<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/10749039.2020.1762654__;!!Mih3wA!Sz3iEi8uWZzb2aFUjlmwVyYq3aJeexs3G58vJa_1DHUWLPy_HHrW44Vf_sk6QA$>, which we hope you will respond to in any ways you find possible and interesting. In that editorial, we also provide more detail on the newly launched website Cultural Praxis<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://culturalpraxis.net/__;!!Mih3wA!VxhTEO34zmj7Qf9KX9DtnT2XbKkEMZRaA4rEjCmrZNkNY_s4-mfI-Z1aK7Qw-c1dQnojYA$ > and the recent publications there and in the journal.

Any questions, feedback, or suggestions on how to better address these or any other issues are welcome.

Yours,
The MCA editorial team.