[Xmca-l] Re: As of 2020, the American Century is Over

Martin Packer mpacker@cantab.net
Wed May 13 19:33:28 PDT 2020

Oh for heavens sake, someone has to take a shot!

As a psychologist, what I find new, different, and useful about cultural psychology is its proposal that human psychological functioning occurs first (phylogenetically, historically, and ontogenetically) between people, as a social process, and is mediated by cultural artifacts.

That’s not to ignore the genetic or the biological, because the use of artifacts transforms the people who use them, biologically, neurologically, and even genetically.

And issues of equity enter because (s)he who has the artifacts has the power(s)…

good night   :)

Martin