[Xmca-l] Re: Butterfly found

Huw Lloyd huw.softdesigns@gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 03:03:11 PDT 2020

The audio quality on the clip with Peter is good. It is nice to see short
videos that engage with thinking and rumination and yet still remain clear,
rather than, say, giving a monologue without the basis in experience.

Regarding ZPD/ZND and identifying the child's / agent's task, a central
theme of a large project I have worked on (for about 5 years on and off) is
a study of active orientation. In this study I seek to identify and measure
the active orientation (intention) of the agent. This entails an integrated
appreciation for cognition, task-based activity, affect, scope of
attention, complexity of task, and the basis of reorganisation (of
cognition). A good reason for measuring active orientation is that if this
"invisible" element can be made explicit, it can then be used to insist
upon institutional changes to provide more space, support, and challenges
for developmental processes.

I now have this all written up and am waiting for a window in my wife's
schedule for some proof reading, before I post them online. If this is
deemed to be useful, the next logical step would be for a peer review of
some kind to make it more formal.

Best,
Huw