[Xmca-l] Re: My Hometown Minneapolis

Peg Griffin, Ph.D. Peg.Griffin@att.net
Fri Jun 12 09:17:44 PDT 2020

Yes to your guess.  But instead of basic DNA, I think GPE genetically primary example – FOLLOWING Davidov, Elkonin.

We use epigenetic byway in the following article:

“Creating and Reconstituting Contexts for Educational Interactions, Including a Computer Program” by Peg Griffin, Alexandra Belyaeva, Galina Soldatova, and the Velikhov-Hamburg Collective.

It’s in “Contexts for Contexts for Learning: Sociocultural Dynamics in Children’s Development.”  Ellice A. Foreman, Norris Minnick, C. Addison Stone (Eds.) (pp. 120-152). New York: Oxford University Press.

It’s pretty far in – you have to wade through a lot of frogs to get to it -- but I think the example is a clear one about epigenetic byways

Peg

From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of Tom Richardson
Sent: Tuesday, June 9, 2020 1:01 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity <xmca-l@mailman.ucsd.edu>
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: My Hometown Minneapolis

Hello Peg Griffin

Thank you for this thought-provoking mail.

I'm guessing that the "epigenetic byway" is continuing the current spontaneous movement and future organisation around  racism, which will not tackle the basic DNA of the pervading culture and institutions of white supremacy? (Sorry, I hadn't come across 'epigenetics' before)

Regards

Tom Richardson

Middlesbrough UK