[Xmca-l] Re: My Hometown Minneapolis

Andy Blunden andyb@marxists.org
Sun Jun 7 19:40:57 PDT 2020

I am not fully across this issue, but I heard during the
commentary on the BLM protests in Australia this weekend,
where "black deaths in custody" is the issue, that
counter-intuitively deaths of Indigenous Australians in
prison is not very much larger than their percentage in the
prison population, but their rate of imprisonment is so
extraordinarily high (higher than that of African Americans)
the result is a shockingly high rate of deaths in custody.
And they are imprisoned at far greater rates for the same
offences, or even none at all.

If I got this wrong, I will stand corrected.

Andy

*Andy Blunden*
Hegel for Social Movements <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://brill.com/view/title/54574__;!!Mih3wA!XCFPJlrE3W-miqfvnnBUHHRjExgjwMHX58fTdhdHF7CdpFuqOclJ0CpadANq4gMAaTyRAw$ >
Home Page <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.ethicalpolitics.org/ablunden/index.htm__;!!Mih3wA!XCFPJlrE3W-miqfvnnBUHHRjExgjwMHX58fTdhdHF7CdpFuqOclJ0CpadANq4gPjfFDilQ$ >