[Xmca-l] Re: "15 La era está pariendo un corazón - Omara portuondo y Martín Rojas"

HENRY SHONERD hshonerd@gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 05:28:41 PDT 2020

Haydi,
Thank you for the MLKJr reference. In the article that Anthony sent me the protestors are construed as young, white, sons and daughters of affluent parents engaged in improv theater. It’s theater on a world stage. Or maybe on stages throughout the world, playing to a world audience. I think the author of the article has made too much of the privileged position of the protestors. But it is symbolic and cathartic. This certainly resonates with Vygotsky’s interest in theater. Stanislavsky would be a touchstone for the perizhvanie being played out now. Others on the list might have other dramatic theorists in mind.
Henry