[Xmca-l] Philosophie des Geistes?

David Kellogg dkellogg60@gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 00:09:06 PDT 2020

We are trying to turn Vygotsky's "Teaching on Emotion" into one of those
cartoon books that are so popular here in Korea (e.g. the "Why?" series).
It's not Vygotsky for dummies, but it will have a lot of pictures with
questions and answers alongside Vygotsky's rather difficult text.

We've got to figure out the text first. For example, what does John Dewey
mean when he says:

"On the historical side, it may be worth noting that a crude anticipation
of James' theory is found in Hegel's Philosophie des Geistes, 401."?

Did Hegel ever write a Philosophie des Geistes? If so, does the number
refer to a page number or a section or what?

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://brocku.ca/MeadProject/Dewey/Dewey_1895.html__;!!Mih3wA!RLGVUv48gomTR2KJ99jcR-ruYcur4TKLR3u-7WeR_HhShIfYJpHP0U7EwICkluTj4uvZOA$
David Kellogg
Sangmyung University

New Article: Ruqaiya Hasan, in memoriam: A manual and a manifesto.
Outlines, Spring 2020
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://tidsskrift.dk/outlines/article/view/116238__;!!Mih3wA!RLGVUv48gomTR2KJ99jcR-ruYcur4TKLR3u-7WeR_HhShIfYJpHP0U7EwICkluSzhBnr9w$
New Translation with Nikolai Veresov: *L.S. Vygotsky's Pedological
Works* *Volume
One: Foundations of Pedology*"
 https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9789811505270__;!!Mih3wA!RLGVUv48gomTR2KJ99jcR-ruYcur4TKLR3u-7WeR_HhShIfYJpHP0U7EwICkluRBlvE9VA$