[Xmca-l] Re: useful psychology?

robsub@ariadne.org.uk robsub@ariadne.org.uk
Thu Jan 16 09:51:33 PST 2020

Does this not reflect capitalism's educational contradiction? We want to
produce profitable workers who think and use their intiative to further
the interests of the owners. But we don't want them to think and use
their initiative when it comes to challenging the employment or
environmental practices of the owners. So we construct a compromise that
being able to think is a good thing as long as you think in certain
highly structured ways, hence all the testing and tick boxing that
surrounds education (certainly in the UK). Meanwhile we distract them
wth the smoke and mirrors of consumerism. (And are failing now to come
up with a distraction that will not cause the planet to burn.)

Rob