[Xmca-l] Re: Just Published: L.S. Vygotsky's Pedological Works Vol. 1

Wagner Luiz Schmit wagner.schmit@gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 06:13:21 PST 2020

Some ideas to change the way we publish in science:

W can use an Open Source platform like "Matrix" (https://matrix.org/),
connecting all researchers and institutions. Every researcher would have an
account in this decentralized network (something like the diaspora
network). There we can maintain a blog and "publish" papers. The papers use
"tags" or "hyperlinks" to mark quotations, also the kind of tag or
hyperlink indicates what the quote is, like a critique, data from another
source, support the other material, and so on (positive, negative and
neutral).

People in the network are notified by the publishing of that paper by
"following" the researcher, the department, the institution or tags (the
keywords) much like how already happen in for-profit sites like
Academia.edu and Researchgate, and can comment on the whole paper or
segments, and give their evaluation. Search engines can filter the most
commented, most quoted, most "supported" and so on, i.e., the paper is
evaluated by its contents and not the place of publishing.

Journals would do a very important "curator" job, selecting papers to
highlight them, to discuss a certain topic and so on.

Books can be made available in "Print on Demand" for libraries interested
in them, with a QR code or something like that to the "evaluation" of the
book at the network.

Crazy ideas? maybe. But it is a beginning.

Wagner