[Xmca-l] Re: Shut Down STEM/Academia?

Anthony Barra anthonymbarra@gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 16:52:08 PDT 2020

Proud American white male of Italian decent.

Since I've been asked, I am happy to call attention to one small point: not
one Hispanic individual in my extended family, my wife most notably, likes
or uses the term "Latinx," and most actively mock it. Around here, it is
considered contrived, offensive, politically-motivated, and/or outright
goofy.

That said, everyone should feel free to offend; after all, "in order to be
able to Think, one must risk being offensive." And, without question, few
things are more precious than our precious tools for thinking.

I love diversity, especially diversity of the mind and diversity of
perspectives.

Thanks,

Anthony

P.S. I'm curious to hear various opinions about your questions re: the
current call for papers. Thanks for asking.