[Xmca-l] Re: "conscious awareness enters through the gate" (a Participation Question)

David Kellogg dkellogg60@gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 19:16:36 PDT 2020

Spinoza's Ethics, especially Chapter Two, Proposition 21:

"This idea of the mind is united to the mind in the same way as the mind is
united to the body."

But see also Props 20~29. And just about everything that Vermeer painted.
Or Rembrandt's dissection lessons.

That's the glass-cutting diamond, I think. That is, that's the bit of
Spinoza that Vygotsky thinks will "cut like a diamond through all kinds of
psychological problems" (LSV CW, Volume 6, p. 105).

David Kellogg
Sangmyung University

New article in Mind, Culture, and Activity:
Realizations: non-causal but real relationships in and between Halliday,
Hasan, and Vygotsky

Some free e-prints today available at:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/Y8YHS3SRW42VXPTVY2Z6/full?target=10.1080*10749039.2020.1806329__;Lw!!Mih3wA!S3qkLziG32wN2w6gHQrIgzK9L7r0ZtHpGTXve3TxSECRvi_9sZ_bl5IbbD-6bDWHuCxggg$

New Translation with Nikolai Veresov: L.S. Vygotsky's Pedological Works
Volume One: Foundations of Pedology"
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9789811505270__;!!Mih3wA!S3qkLziG32wN2w6gHQrIgzK9L7r0ZtHpGTXve3TxSECRvi_9sZ_bl5IbbD-6bDXTTDBgAA$