[Xmca-l] Re: "conscious awareness enters through the gate" (a Participation Question)

Andy Blunden andyb@marxists.org
Thu Aug 13 20:51:07 PDT 2020

Henry, my aim was just to introduce Annalisa and whoever to
the scientific way that the terms "conscious awareness" and
"consciousness" are used in CHAT. I say "scientific" in the
sense that in CHAT we have a system of concepts and
associated word meanings which have, if you like,
conventional meanings. There is nothing wrong with
"automatic and controlled processing" and "ballistic
processing" but so far as I am aware these terms were not in
Vygotsky's vocabulary. I could be wrong of course and I am
sure I will be rapidly corrected if this is the case.

Andy

*Andy Blunden*
Hegel for Social Movements <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://brill.com/view/title/54574__;!!Mih3wA!Smhly0SjdcgGREcg-6xH-8n9H3YEj1J9lzNgh3sh3V04jFUm38R6Cc-p_IYblRn4Ixz7_Q$ >
Home Page <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.ethicalpolitics.org/ablunden/index.htm__;!!Mih3wA!Smhly0SjdcgGREcg-6xH-8n9H3YEj1J9lzNgh3sh3V04jFUm38R6Cc-p_IYblRlV1SuySw$ >