[Xmca-l] Re: Covid as World Perezhivanie?

Anthony Barra anthonymbarra@gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 13:28:56 PDT 2020

*"the ability to glance at a chart and interpret it is likely to be a
semiotic means not readily available to those without education to
interpret them"*

. . . and this is especially true with the models, which are often not
intended to be "true" but rather persuasive, or "directionally true"  --
here is where being highly educated and 'chart-literate' might hurt more
than help (i.e., reading the charts accurately, but mistaking the modeling
as real data; or 'reading the text but missing the context').

It's a tricky landscape