[Xmca-l] Re: Covid as World Perezhivanie?

Andy Blunden andyb@marxists.org
Fri Apr 24 18:05:41 PDT 2020

Greg, the word is polysemic, as Mike said, but I agree with
Michael that /perezhivaniya/ are essentially collective
experiences. As I say in the article, that COVID will be
experienced differently in different countries, by different
classes and social groups is an important part of this
process. It does not detract it from its being a single
experience.

Huw, a "world subject" is emergent at this moment. It is
implicit or "in-itself" but I look forward to the appearance
of such a world subject, though who know how long and
through what traumas we will pass before it is an actuality.
Like WW2, the COVID pandemic part of its birth process.

  * https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.ethicalpolitics.org/seminars/perezhivanie.htm__;!!Mih3wA!S8ALk6GlG2xHhKD5PZffsZwZSDgRm3dCjkxcBsYpsG0QakxKLngh6lBP1DDCY0iFFi2kTw$ ,
    <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.ethicalpolitics.org/seminars/perezhivanie.htm__;!!Mih3wA!S8ALk6GlG2xHhKD5PZffsZwZSDgRm3dCjkxcBsYpsG0QakxKLngh6lBP1DDCY0iFFi2kTw$ >
    Notes, links, excerpts, 2009
  * https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.ethicalpolitics.org/ablunden/pdfs/Blunden_article*response.pdf__;Kw!!Mih3wA!S8ALk6GlG2xHhKD5PZffsZwZSDgRm3dCjkxcBsYpsG0QakxKLngh6lBP1DDCY0jGnjh6xA$ ,