[Xmca-l] Re: Love's In Need of Lean on Me

Anthony Barra anthonymbarra@gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 06:29:08 PDT 2020

David, thanks for adjusting the language from your first to second message,
on my behalf (and likely others as well).

I'm not much of an intellectual, or scholar, but I find this place
interesting, even while much of the discourse, and many references are over
my head.

Whereas you see "a covert form of exchange," I saw good old reciprocity --
maybe that says something about us as beholders.  "We" is a good pronoun;
"I" and "you" are too, functionally and otherwise. (In fact, I persuaded my
way into my current job by shifting my pronouns from mostly "I" and some
"you," to "you" and "we," following an old Dale Carnegie tip).

I'm gonna lay off song two for now; my sense is we like the tune but
diverge on the interpretation -- which is cool with me; I'm pro-diversity,
especially viewpoint diversity.

Thanks again for your clarifications and your scholarly references; they
give me avenues to explore.

Anthony

P.S. What does "That's what we are seeing now" mean? If you want. Don't
feel obliged to answer, but I'm not following.