[Xmca-l] Re: Lucien Sève

Alfredo Jornet Gil a.j.gil@ils.uio.no
Fri Apr 10 16:11:33 PDT 2020

Oh gosh, I am so sorry to hear those very sad news... really crucial figure for our francophone colleagues, a great loss.

Alfredo

On 11 Apr 2020, at 01:01, David Kellogg <dkellogg60@gmail.com> wrote:

A few days ago I wrote to Lucien to ask him to contribute a blurb for our new book and uncharacteristically got no reply. With some trepidation I looked at his Wikipedia page (he is an extremely well known philosopher in Francophonia). He died of Covid 19 on the 23 of March.

Professor Seve was a great Marxist and a great militant: he and his wife did more than anyone else to make the work of Vygotsky known in France and Switzerland. One of his last writings will be appearing soon in MCA.

David Kellogg
Sangmyung University

Book Review: 'Fees, Beets, and Music: A critical perusal of Critical Pedagogy and Marx, Vygotsky and Freire: Phenomenal forms and  educational action research'  in Mind Culture and Activity

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/10749039.2020.1745847

Some free e-prints available at:

https://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/QBBGIZNKAHPMM4ZVCWVX/full?target=10.1080/10749039.2020.1745847

New Translation with Nikolai Veresov: "L.S. Vygotsky's Pedological Works Volume One: Foundations of Pedology"

 https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9789811505270