[Xmca-l] Re: General check-in?

Goncu, Artin goncu@uic.edu
Tue Apr 7 12:20:05 PDT 2020

Hi Helena,

Greetings from Chicago.  Warm regards,

Artin Goncu, Ph.D
Professor, Emeritus
University of Illinois at Chicago
www.artingoncu.com/

From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of Helena Worthen
Sent: Tuesday, April 7, 2020 1:56 PM
To: Helena Worthen <helenaworthen@gmail.com>; eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity <xmca-l@mailman.ucsd.edu>
Subject: [Xmca-l] General check-in?

Hello, XMCA-ers -

I don’t remember ever having read that this list was going to shut down or even be allowed to fade away. So now I’m writing, as if in the dark, to the whole list.  We’ve now got a major — maybe “the” major crisis of the anthropocene on our hands and the distant but connected network represented by the conversations on this list seem to me to be a treasure more precious than gold - and I’m not speaking metaphorically.

I am concerned about some of the people who have been pillars and resources on his list, people whom I have reached out to over the years and heard back from with information and perspectives that I would never have been able to access on my own. Where are you now? What are you doing? Are you safe and healthy? Do you have information about friends who are unable to read or respond to this request?

I hope to hear some responses to this message.

Take care of yourselves, please —

Helena

Helena Worthen
hworthen@illinois.edu<mailto:hworthen@illinois.edu>