[Xmca-l] Re: [COGDEVSOC] Faculty Position (Professorship) at the Harvard Graduate School of Education

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Thu Sep 12 16:35:35 PDT 2019

On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 3:00 PM Rowe, Meredith L. <
meredith_rowe@gse.harvard.edu> wrote:

> *Silvana and Christopher Pascucci Professorship in Learning Differences*
>
> The Harvard Graduate School of Education (HGSE) invites applications for a
> full-time faculty position at the rank of Professor (with tenure) or
> Professor of Practice (non-tenure track) focused on learning differences.
> Candidates could focus on any level of the PK-16 educational system and
> should work to advance HGSE’s institutional commitment to educational
> equity.
>
> The areas of professional expertise of particular interest as they relate
> to learning and individual differences across educational contexts in the
> U.S. and/or globally include but are not limited to: supporting students
> with identified disabilities and/or learning differences; universal design
> for learning; effective models of early intervention and/or tiered
> supports; innovations in curriculum and instruction to support individual
> learning differences; redesigning and/or personalizing learning
> environments; neuroimaging and psychoeducational methods for examining
> differences in learning and advancing outcomes; the interplay between
> individual differences and environmental factors in learning outcomes;
> reducing disproportionality in special education; and sustaining equitable
> and inclusive learning environments.
>
> We seek candidates who have the potential to make a powerful contribution
> to the core curriculum for our master’s and doctoral programs, by teaching
> required courses and recommended elective courses as part of specific
> program pathways. The ability to convey conceptual as well as practical
> knowledge beyond one’s own specific expertise is crucial. High-quality
> teaching is highly valued at HGSE, and the school has made a strong
> commitment to cultivating and supporting strong teaching practices among
> faculty, primarily through the work of the school’s Teaching and Learning
> Lab. The successful candidate will have the potential to be a strong
> contributor to the development and delivery of residential and online
> professional development programs for practitioners, administrators, and
> leaders through HGSE’s Programs in Professional Education. The successful
> candidate will also be expected to contribute to HGSE initiatives focused
> on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
>
> HGSE faculty at all ranks advise students and participate in institutional
> governance and service. Candidates will normally possess a doctorate or
> another terminal degree. Successful candidates will have substantial
> teaching and leadership experience; for the rank of Professor (with
> tenure), candidates must have an excellent record of rigorous scholarship
> and a robust program of research. The search committee will begin reviewing
> applications on November 1, 2019 and will continue until the position is
> filled. Please submit a CV, cover letter, representative publications, and
> [...]

 fiction is but a form of symbolic action, a mere game of “as if”, therein
lies its true   function and its potential for effecting change - R. Ellison
For archival resources relevant to the research of myself and other members
of LCHC, visit
lchc.ucsd.edu.  For a narrative history of the research of LCHC, visit
lchcautobio.ucsd.edu.