[Xmca-l] Re: New book on Ilyenkov

alexander.surmava@yahoo.com alexander.surmava@yahoo.com
Sun May 19 09:35:20 PDT 2019

As far as I know, Ilyenkov fought against an idealistic explanation of human nature. Including, against speculation, the term "information", which, ostensibly, is identical to the concept of ideality, and which, ostensibly, explains something in the phenomenon of ideality.

One of the main theoretical opponents of Ilyenkov was, in particular, the positivist-minded theorists, who believed that thinking as such is the “process of processing information” inside the brain.

From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu <xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu> On Behalf Of David Kellogg
Sent: Saturday, May 18, 2019 1:17 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity <xmca-l@mailman.ucsd.edu>
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: New book on Ilyenkov

That would be rude, Andy. I'd better order the book.

David Kellogg

Sangmyung University

New Article:

Han Hee Jeung & David Kellogg (2019): A story without SELF: Vygotsky’s

pedology, Bruner’s constructivism and Halliday’s construalism in understanding narratives by

Korean children, Language and Education, DOI: 10.1080/09500782.2019.1582663

To link to this article: https://doi.org/10.1080/09500782.2019.1582663

Some e-prints available at:

https://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/KHRxrQ4n45t9N2ZHZhQK/full?target=10.1080/09500782.2019.1582663