[Xmca-l] Re: New book on Ilyenkov

David Kellogg dkellogg60@gmail.com
Sat May 18 03:02:06 PDT 2019

Andy, Alfredo--

The most intriguing thing about this book was the statement that Ilyenkov
fought against the introduction of ideas from cybernetics into psychology.
On the other side of the world, Gregory Bateson was fighting hard for their
inclusion.

I read through "The Ideal in Human Activity" a couple of times (true,
without understanding much of it). But I didn't see anything against
cybernetics. Am I missing something?

David Kellogg
Sangmyung University

New Article:
Han Hee Jeung & David Kellogg (2019): A story without SELF: Vygotsky’s
pedology, Bruner’s constructivism and Halliday’s construalism in
understanding narratives by
Korean children, Language and Education, DOI: 10.1080/09500782.2019.1582663
To link to this article: https://doi.org/10.1080/09500782.2019.1582663

Some e-prints available at:
https://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/KHRxrQ4n45t9N2ZHZhQK/full?target=10.1080/09500782.2019.1582663