[Xmca-l] Re: Craftwork as Liberal Education - interested contacts

robsub@ariadne.org.uk robsub@ariadne.org.uk
Sat Mar 9 05:23:47 PST 2019

South east of England, not the east coast of the States, but I like what
you're saying so much, Tom, that I feel the urge to comment.
Unseasonably warm here, to the extent that everyone has their lawnmower
out, ruining what would otherwise be a peaceful weekend.

Just a couple of random thoughts. I wrote a blog post a while ago "A
university degree in plumbing" which explores related territory.
http://acomfortableplace.blogspot.com/2007/09/university-degree-in-plumbing.html

And my daughter worked for a couple of years at the National Maritime
Museum in Cornwall, which features a lot of boats and occasionally does
boat building as part of their programme, thus very clearly linking the
craft to the liberal curriculum.

Rob