[Xmca-l] Re: Hegel and Social Movements

Larry Smolucha lsmolucha@hotmail.com
Thu Mar 7 09:22:38 PST 2019

Message from Francine:

Andy,

Do you have a book on Hegel and Social Movements being published this year???
My son has become very interested in Hegel as part of his graduate school studies.

________________________________
From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu <xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu> on behalf of Andy Blunden <andyb@marxists.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 7, 2019 8:00 AM
To: xmca-l@mailman.ucsd.edu
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Alternatives to Social Capital and Knowledge Brokering

Social Solidarity versus “Social Capital”

https://www.ethicalpolitics.org/ablunden/pdfs/social.pdf

material for your brainstorming.

andy

Andy Blunden
http://www.ethicalpolitics.org/ablunden/index.htm
On 8/03/2019 12:55 am, Greg Mcverry wrote:
I really enjoy the thinking behind social capital and the related idea of knowledge brokering but find the free market/enterprise thinking problematic.

Comes across as everyone is trying to gain all the time and learning gets defined sorta as a nuisance, "I guess I will teach you since you help the community"

I know that is over simplified but something been bugging me about this for a long time, simply haven't found a better alternative or formulated my thinking.

Playing with the idea of taking cognitive apprenticeships and recasting it as agentive apprenticeship to get at the bidirectional knowledge development and diffusion that occurs between both agents and networks.

Anyone have ideas? Just using email to brainstorm.