[Xmca-l] Message in a Bottle from the Machine Learning World: Language Guided Imagination, and Piagetmodeler

Douglas Williams djwdoc@yahoo.com
Mon Jun 3 12:40:39 PDT 2019

Hi--
This paper is attracting some discussion. I don't know that it's particularly relevant for your discussions, but again, it is a sign of what people are thinking of in computer science currently when they are discussing human thinking:
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1905.07562.pdf
Alan Turing drew on Behavioralism for his P-series of artificial intelligence computer programming, though that didn't go very far. Piaget's stages model is now being looked at as a basis for modeling artificial devices:

Building Minds with Patterns (Look Inside)

|  |  |

|  |
Building Minds with Patterns (Look Inside)

This book is about building a mind, from a very practical computational perspective. There may be many philosoph...

Kind of interesting, though I'm guessing Hal will not be the result.

Regards,Doug