[Xmca-l] Re: Do we find Inequalities in wild life system?

Harshad Dave hhdave15@gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 21:30:48 PST 2019

Andy,
Generally I verify the happenings in the wild life on the same issue on
which I contemplate within human society. The issue of inequality is one of
them. When I tried to compare it in wild life system, I asked the subject
question that is in discussion, but it surely pertains to inequalities we
sense/find/face in human society.
>From the healthy discussion on the topic among participants and exchange of
views, I find some points to put here. many of them will surely help me in
writing on the issue of *inequality* in human society.

I think, there are two types of inequalities in human society. One group of
inequalities might incorporate *legitimate* *inequalities (LI). *Second
group is of* illegitimate inequalities (II).*
LI are those inequalities that are basically founded on difference in over
all ability between two persons in the society. Here over all ability gets
constituted by various different types of abilities generally we
acknowledge in man/women.

Example: Two carpenters manufactures different items of wooden furniture
where one of them has apparent lead in his products and their sale.

II are those inequalities in human society that are basically founded
on *unethical
breach of preconditions* that are to be complied for the healthy
functioning of the social systems and institutions. But, frequent breaching
of *the preconditions* generate some typical inequalities among the people
and such inequalities are responsible for social *stress* and *strain*. I
label it as illegitimate inequalities (II).
NB: I think, Andy, you refer *justice* and *injustice* in your views....
might pertain to illegitimate inequalities.

I believe, it is the reason why we find a storm of controversial thought in
our mind when we discuss, debate or think on inequalities in human society.
When a legitimate inequality is under discussion our natural instinct
supports and justifies the inequality. But, when an example of an
illegitimate inequality is under discussion, naturally it generates
indignation against the inequality.

Example: When a poor man develops his manufacturing set up and becomes a
reputed industrialist facing all the challenges and odds in his life, his
living standard might be different than that of a middle class service man.
If "jealousy" is not the weakness of the service man and he is a wise man,
he may not have or should not have any complain against the inequality
between the industrialist and him, because it is a legitimate inequality.
When the industrialist retires or proceeds for heaven and his idiot son
precedes (occupies) the position of the industrialist under legacy, the
inequality now becomes an illegitimate inequality.

Lastly,
As you rightly said in your comment ".... we who can understand the English
language can see inequality....", I should clarify that whatever I write
and explain my views in English language, perhaps you might find it detest
full as far as etiquette of the language is concerned as my mother tongue
is different. I regret for such error and I request to take such missing
with justice and good conscience. However, if you find any point creating
confusion due to language please point out to me and I shall try to explain
it further.

Harshad Dave