[Xmca-l] Re: Searching for a translator from Norwegian to English

Alfredo Jornet Gil a.j.gil@ils.uio.no
Thu Jan 24 08:44:38 PST 2019

Dear Ana,

I can share this among my Oslo colleagues and students and see if someone is interested and has the time. I'd love to be able to do it but I am drown in work... Hopefully someone steps up! I let you know or they take contact with you.

Best,

Alfredo

________________________________
From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu <xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu> on behalf of Ana Marjanovic-Shane <anamshane@gmail.com>
Sent: 24 January 2019 04:17
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Searching for a translator from Norwegian to English

Dear friends,

Dialogic Pedagogy Journal (DPJ) is searching for a translator from Norwegian to English - to translate about 17 pages from a book by Mosse Jørgensen - about an experimental democratic high school founded in Oslo in the 60s - The original title is "Fra Skoleoppror til Opprorskole" (Freely in my translation: From a School Rebellion to a Rebel School).

We are preparing a Special issue of DPJ on Dialogic Pedagogy and Democratic Education and we would like to publish a part of the book in English! Interestingly, there is no English translation of the book, although it was translated to 8 other languages, Serbo-Croatian being one of them - so I read it back in the 70ties.

We would be grateful if you can recommend someone who can translate from Norwegian to English. We have some funds to pay for this translation.

Thanks a lot for your help!!

Ana

Ana Marjanovic-Shane
Deputy Editor-in-Chief, Dialogic Pedagogy Journal<https://dpj.pitt.edu/>