[Xmca-l] Fwd: The Spencer Foundation Announces Search for a Senior Program Officer

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Wed Feb 27 16:13:49 PST 2019

A very interesting job possibility.
mike

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Spencer Foundation <dfischer@spencer.org>
Date: Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 3:11 PM
Subject: The Spencer Foundation Announces Search for a Senior Program
Officer
To: <lchcmike@gmail.com>

If you're having trouble viewing this email, you may see it online
<https://t.e2ma.net/message/cg2m7b/ot0rwxd>.

Share this: <https://t.e2ma.net/share/outbound/e/cg2m7b/ot0rwxd>
<https://t.e2ma.net/share/outbound/t/cg2m7b/ot0rwxd>
<https://t.e2ma.net/share/outbound/f/cg2m7b/ot0rwxd>
<https://t.e2ma.net/share/outbound/l/cg2m7b/ot0rwxd>

*The Spencer Foundation Senior Program Officer*

The *Spencer Foundation* seeks a creative, collaborative and experienced
scholar with a deep commitment to research and education improvement to
join its program team.  The Foundation’s mission is to invest in education
research that cultivates learning and transforms lives.  We seek an
individual who will be a key player in our proposal review process and can
add to our capacity to act strategically in supporting programs of inquiry
in education as well as in promoting more effective communication and
networking among those who develop and use research knowledge in education.

The Senior Program Officer will join us for a two-year term position,
potentially while on leave from their university appointment. In
particular, we seek a scholar with expertise in the following fields:
economics of education, political science, program evaluation, quantitative
methods, data analytics, and/or psychometrics.
The successful candidate must be capable of:

   - Identifying strategic opportunities and supporting foundation
   Initiatives;
   - Organizing the review and evaluation of grant proposals;
   - Reviewing and responding to grant reports and related correspondence;
   - Representing the Spencer Foundation at academic conferences and events;
   - Facilitating review committee meetings and managing an extensive
   external peer review process.
   - Supporting the professional development of and working closely with
   program staff.

Duties also include administrative work related to the management of
Foundation programs and program staff, the collection and analysis of data
pertaining to program operations, and the preparation of reports for the
Foundation’s executive team and for its Board.
Qualifications

   - A PhD, EdD or other comparable graduate/professional degree with
   substantial concentration in education or a related social science field.
   - Experience in a leadership role requiring collaboration within an
   organization, as well as a demonstrated ability to work with efficiency and
   diplomacy.
   - Evidence of strong research and analytic skills, and track record of
   exemplary scholarly productivity.
   - Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and competing demands and to
   establish priorities and meet deadlines.
   - Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication skills.

Salary is dependent upon experience.  The Spencer Foundation has excellent
benefits, including TIAA/CREF.  The Foundation is an equal opportunity
employer.  Send a letter of interest and current cv by April 15, 2019 to:
Kathryn Gray, Director of Personnel at kgray@spencer.org
<kgray@spencer.org?subject=Senior%20Program%20Officer%20position>.

625 N. Michigan Avenue Suite 1600 | Chicago, IL 60611 US
This email was sent to *lchcmike@gmail.com <lchcmike@gmail.com>*. To ensure
that you continue receiving our emails, please add us to your address book
or safe list.

*manage*
<https://app.e2ma.net/app2/audience/signup/30404/18074/7958848154/?s=Fs64eNKbiyu5iLczAGLPsEeyVF2kPLpzPvqAgW_uBCY>
your preferences | *opt out*
<https://t.e2ma.net/optout/cg2m7b/ot0rwxd?s=9m3MAceaQW-9gT6UmdkQpbORubjL_QTzZL-zvaeL5OE&r=aHR0cHM6Ly9hcHAuZTJtYS5uZXQvYXBwMi9hdWRpZW5jZS9vcHRfb3V0LzMwNDA0LzE4MDc0Lzc5NTg4NDgxNTQvP3M9N2lZdzFrcTl4eXpJNmJfQVpKbWZ6TDZ0bnZ4V1hpZkZIT0NMZkRmTnFnZw%3D%3D>
using *TrueRemove*®.

Got this as a forward? *Sign up*
<https://app.e2ma.net/app2/audience/signup/30404/18074.116489882/> to
receive our future emails.
[image: powered by emma] <https://t.e2ma.net/click/cg2m7b/ot0rwxd/kitfgm>

--
Who says development is not a life long process has either not lived long
enough, or has lived too long.