[Xmca-l] Re: The ethics of artificial intelligence, past present and future

Richard Beach rbeach@umn.edu
Tue Dec 24 11:56:19 PST 2019

Annalisa asked, “What does ‘languaging’ mean?”

For more on “languaging” theory, a primary resource is Per Linnell’s 2009 book, Rethinking Language, Mind, and World Dialogically: Interactional and Contextual Theories of Human Sense-making <https://www.infoagepub.com/products/Rethinking-Language-Mind-and-World-Dialogically>. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.

For research on application of languaging theory to teaching literacy see Beach & Bloome (Eds.) (2019). Languaging Relations for Transforming the Literacy and Language Arts Classrooms <https://www.routledge.com/Languaging-Relations-for-Transforming-the-Literacy-and-Language-Arts-Classroom/Beach-Bloome/p/book/9781138489912> (Routledge) and the resource website for Beach & Beauchemin (2019). Teaching Language as Action in the ELA Classroom <http://languaging.pbworks.com/> (Routledge).

Richard Beach, Professor Emeritus of English Education, University of Minnesota
rbeach@umn.edu
Websites: Digital writing <http://digitalwriting.pbworks.com/>, Media literacy <http://teachingmedialiteracy.pbworks.com/>, Teaching literature <http://teachingliterature.pbworks.com/>, Identity-focused ELA Teaching <http://identities.pbworks.com/>, Common Core State Standards <http://englishccss.pbworks.com/>, Apps for literacy learning <http://usingipads.pbworks.com/>, Teaching about climate change <http://climatechangeela.pbworks.com/>, Teaching language as action <http://languaging.pbworks.com/>