[Xmca-l] Re: Intrinsic / Extrinsic Motivation

Greg Thompson greg.a.thompson@gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 06:42:14 PDT 2019

Lara,
You said this which got me thinking:
“I talk with students a lot about the object of college and find some of
them eager to engage in this conversation, but the more vulnerable, less
motivated students are not.”

I wonder if you have much insight about why the less motivated and
vulnerable students are not eager to engage in the conversation about the
object of college? Maybe you’ve a asked them and can share some of their

I’m curious as to what is going on there.

Greg

Gregory A. Thompson, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Anthropology