[Xmca-l] Re: Intrinsic / Extrinsic Motivation

Andy Blunden andyb@marxists.org
Sun Aug 25 19:32:48 PDT 2019

So you are saying, Artin, as I see it, that in children (who
do not yet have a sense of the wider world and still think
in pseudoconcepts or more primitive forms) the distinction
between intrinsic and extrinsic motivation is problematic. I
agree. Because they are children.

So the distinction is good. It is not a dichotomy. A clear
distinction between intrinsic and extrinsic motivation is a
marker of adulthood. The anarchist who told me she enjoyed
Consensus more than Majority was young and not yet fully mature.

Andy

*Andy Blunden*
https://www.ethicalpolitics.org/ablunden/index.htm