[Xmca-l] Re: Repair in inner speech

Huw Lloyd huw.softdesigns@gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 16:02:31 PDT 2019

Assuming that inner speech lacks any necessity to resolve ambiguity in the
use of words, because it emphasises particular meanings, there would not be
a requirement to repair ambiguity. Although if one's inner speech was about
the intention to declare something, then I suppose that intended
declaration might be subject to 'repair' and considered part of the inner
speech. But that would constitute a difference in logical type despite
being "part of" the inner speech, hence concurring with Peter's
description. By repair I assume you are referring to change in how a
meaning is expressed rather than a change in the intended meaning.

Huw