[Xmca-l] Re: What is science?: Where to start doctoral students?

Shirin Vossoughi shirinvossoughi@gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 11:17:01 PDT 2018

I find these two pieces very helpful as well

Erickson, F., & Gutierrez, K. (2002). Comment: Culture, rigor, and science
in educational research. *Educational Researcher*, *31*(8), 21-24.
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.3102/0013189X031008021

Gutiérrez, K. D., & Penuel, W. R. (2014). Relevance to practice as a
criterion for rigor. *Educational Researcher*, *43*(1), 19-23.
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.3102/0013189X13520289