[Xmca-l] Re: Michael C. Corballis

Andy Blunden andyb@marxists.org
Sat Oct 27 17:16:24 PDT 2018

Henry, various animals can refer to past and future events
and can also deceive. One could say that for non-humans
animals these capacities are only rudimentary, but
exaggerated dichotomous claims cannot be substantiated. Ever
seen a crow movie on youtube? When I overslept this morning
my cat Peek-a-Boo came and slapped me on the face.There's
future thinking and future gestures.

David, I didn't know about Corballis arguing that language
developed as tool use. That is certainly not my guess, just
that tool-production and word-use co-evolved. No the same
thing. And really can't we let Chomsky's theory just rest as
part of the history of science, like Freud's psychology?

Andy

Andy Blunden
http://www.ethicalpolitics.org/ablunden/index.htm