[Xmca-l] Fwd: [COGDEVSOC] Tenure-track Position: University of Ottawa (Canada)

mike cole mcole@ucsd.edu
Wed Nov 21 11:34:11 PST 2018

Another perhaps-relevant job.
mike

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Christopher Fennell <fennell@uottawa.ca>
Date: Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 11:22 AM
Subject: [COGDEVSOC] Tenure-track Position: University of Ottawa (Canada)
To: cogdevsoc@lists.cogdevsoc.org <cogdevsoc@lists.cogdevsoc.org>

Greetings colleagues,

The Psychology department at the University of Ottawa is hiring in the area
of developmental psychology (tenure-track, Asst Prof). Please see the full
job ad below my signature, including application instructions. We are
preferentially looking for experts in adolescent development and/or
sociocultural development, and we are particularly interested in
researchers who work with populations that have been traditionally
underrepresented in our field. I would encourage cognitive development
researchers whose approaches align with all or some of the areas above to
apply.

I am happy to answer any questions from interested parties to the best of
my abilities. Please email me directly: fennell@uottawa.ca. Feel free to
share!

Many thanks,
Chris Fennell
—

Christopher T. Fennell, Ph.D.

L’Institut des langues officielles et du bilinguisme chaire de recherche en
apprentissage des langues et en acquisition

The Official Languages and Bilingualism Institute Research Chair in
Language Learning and Acquisition

Directeur adjoint et Professeur agrégé │Assistant Director and Associate
Professor

École de Psychologie │ School of Psychology

Professeur agrégé │Associate Professor

Département de Linguistique │ Department of Linguistics

Université d'Ottawa │ University of Ottawa

Vanier 6016, 136 Jean Jacques Lussier, Ottawa, ON K1N 6N5 CANADA

(613) 562-5800 (4445)

http://socialsciences.uottawa.ca/ldl/

*Full-Time Faculty Position (at the rank of Assistant Professor)*

*School of Psychology, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Ottawa*

The Faculty of Social Sciences comprises nine departments, schools and
institutes, which offer undergraduate, Master’s and doctoral programs in
both English and French. With its 10,000 students, 260 full-time
professors, and wide array of programs and research centres, the Faculty of
Social Sciences plays a key role at the heart of the University of Ottawa.
Its graduate students are supervised by excellent researchers and undertake
cutting-edge research in the Faculty’s Master’s and Ph.D. programs.

The School of Psychology at the University of Ottawa is accepting
applications for one (1) tenure-track position in the area of Developmental
Psychology. Priority will be given to candidates demonstrating expertise in
at least two the following areas:

• Adolescent Development

• Sociocultural Development

• Underrepresented populations

DUTIES

· Conduct research and publishing activities

· Teach at the undergraduate and graduate levels

· Supervise Ph.D. candidates

· Participate in the University’s academic and administrative activities

· Carry out other activities as specified in the collective agreement

QUALIFICATIONS

· Completed Ph.D. in Psychology

· Demonstrate excellence in teaching

· Strength of publication and research track record in the field.

BILINGUALISM

The University of Ottawa is a bilingual institution, and all professors in
the Faculty of Social Sciences must be actively bilingual to gain tenure.
The University of Ottawa offers second language training to staff members
and their spouses.

TERMS AND SALARY

Tenure-track position. Assistant Professor salary scale starting at
$82,944. Tenure-track positions are subject to budgetary approval.

STARTING DATE

July 1st, 2019

LOCATION OF WORK

School of Psychology, University of Ottawa, 136 Jean-Jacques Lussier,
Ottawa, ON, K1N 6N5

BENEFITS PACKAGE

The University of Ottawa provides a complete compensation package which
includes long term disability, basic group life insurance, supplementary
health insurance, University of Ottawa Pension Plan and optional life
insurance.

The Hiring Committee will begin to review applications on January 15th,
2019. We cannot guarantee that applications received after this date will
be considered.

Applicants must submit their curriculum vitae, a letter describing their
teaching and research experience and interests, an example of their current
research, an indication their French and English language abilities and
submit copies of their main publications and teaching evaluations.
Applicants must also request that three referees send letters of
recommendation under separate cover.

All information and letters are to be sent directly to:

Catherine Plowright

Director, School of Psychology

Faculty of Social Sciences

University of Ottawa

136 Jean-Jacques Lussier, room 3002

Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6N5

Fax: (613) 562-5147

Email: psychair@uottawa.ca

All qualified candidates are invited to apply; however, preference will be
given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. The University of
Ottawa is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications
from women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of
visible minorities. If you are invited to continue the selection process,
please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require by
contacting the Office of the Associate Vice-President, Faculty Affairs at
613-562-5958. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and
in complete confidence.